[DeTomaso] question about Adding zerk fittings to my A-arms

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri May 28 13:00:53 EDT 2010

In a message dated 5/28/10 7 21 57, jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com writes:

> Another  set I purchased did not have the chamfer.  I chucked all 16 of
> them
> in my neighbor's lathe and trimmed the edge.  No binding and better lube
> saturation.

I have also seen some that are grooved longitudinally, so that the grease
goes through the chamfer, then encounters this groove and moves sideways so
that the entire inner surface of the A-arm has a fighting chance of getting
at least some lube.

Also, most people fail to realize that the overwhelming bulk of the poly
bushing squeakin comes not from the bushing rotating inside the A-arm, but
rather from the face of the bushing rotating against the face of the mounting
yoke on the body.   The outside of the bushing needs to be lubricated where
it touches the car.   And don't forget to lubricate the bolt where it goes
through the inside of the bushing.

Mike (vastly prefers rubber bushings...) :>)