[DeTomaso] question about Adding zerk fittings to my A-arms

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri May 28 12:53:11 EDT 2010

In a message dated 5/28/10 7 10 55, cengles at cox.net writes:

> Also, IIRC the trick for polybushings is to install them with anti-seize
> slathered on rather than grease. It is supposed to be much quieter for
> squeaky bushings and it is supposed to work well. This was reported *after* I
> had my bushings installed. Sigh. (squeak---sQueak)

Dennis Quella used to recommend anti-seize.   Lately I've been using a
wonderful product available at NAPA stores called Syl-Glyde.   It's clear
silicone grease, identical to the stuff found in the microscopically small tubes
normally included when you buy new poly bushings, except in a useable 4 oz
tube:

http://www.backglass.org/duncan/sil_glyde.jpg

Costs about four bucks, works terrific!