[DeTomaso] Oil pressure help needed

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sun May 16 23:55:08 EDT 2010

Chris,
In my experience (what there is of it), you'll be fine.  My first 351C
rebuild in the Mach I had pressure similar to that and lasted nearly 80K
miles.  I'm sure the engine failed for other reasons, not oil pressure
too high.

For what it's worth, at the time all we did was pull the stock pump,
disassemble it, clean it, smooth out all the wear marks on the cover and
the gear bottoms and put it back together (yea.... I was even -cheaper-
in those days), and it got me 85 lb nearly all the time.  As the years
wore on and I put lots of miles on the engine, the pressure began to
come down little by little, but it was always in an operable range.

Carry a spare pin for the distributor and have a blast on the drive to
Reno.  Wish I was driving -my- Pantera there.

Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
&  Shelley Marie
Spokane, WA