[DeTomaso] Garage find

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Sun May 16 22:05:28 EDT 2010

I found my old Sept 1985 issue of Superauto Illustrated and boy, that
took me back.  In High School I fell in love with the Pantera and the
Vector W2 (from an early '80s Road and Track) and this mag was on the
shelf with both my favorite cars in it!  Even though I had 3 minimum
wage jobs at the time I still thought I could spare the $4 bucks and
it was more than I had imagined.

First, lavish spreads of the Vector W2 and the Pantera GT5.
Uncredited is a twin roots blown rear driven Pantera engine shot under
the Editor's letter.  A 7 page spread of the 10,000th Aston Martin
(YUM!). It also has the new Testarossa, the old 250 Testarossa, and
Dusenburg and the turbine prone driver Indy concept.  There's a couple
of pages devoted to lesser cars (SVO Mustang) and precision models
including a Pantera.

But there was more Pantera spread throughout the magazine.  The had
another spread of Xaver Jahle's lovely execution of a GT5, a full
pager for "Panteras For The Road" with a full review and sneak peeks,
a page for the Pantera GT5 brochure again with sneak peeks.  Panteras
everywhere!

The editor really likes some Panteras :)

sean