[DeTomaso] Tech session in God's Country

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Sun May 16 22:28:48 EDT 2010

I apologize if PNW VP Mike Thomas has already posted info on this (I honestly can't remember), but yesterday Panteras Northwest hosted a very successful tech session at the lovely home of Brian and Jeannine DeVine.  Besides Briane and Jeannine, in attendance were club Secretary, Doug Braun, and his wife, Teri; club Vice President, Mike Thomas; and me.

Brian's silver Pantera was out for some work, but Jeannine's beautiful orange car was right there in the garage, in the process of being restored so that it will look totally stock, with only "inner" go-fast upgrades about which only Jeannine's hairdresser will know for sure...  Mike brought his beautiful yellow example, the Braun's brought their race-ready blue beauty, and I drove Pandora.

The DeVine's live in Seabeck, WA, which is about an hour's drive from Tacoma via the breathtaking Tacoma Narrows Bridge.  The route included tree-lined, curvy roads which occasionally are flanked by Puget Sound.  The views going to the DeVine's house were spectacular, as was the view from their back yard.

The weather was perfect, and believe it or not, I actually got a sunburn--yes, a sunburn in Washington State!

A number of tasks were performed, and among other successful results is that Mike can now operate his door locks properly.

The experience reminds me of the old joke about the missionary who travels to different churches around the world, and at each church he sees a golden telephone with a sign reading "Direct line to Heaven.  Cost:  $10,000 per call."  His last stop is to a church in Washington State, where he sees the same golden phone, but this time the sign reads:  "Direct line to Heaven.  Cost:  35 cents per call."  He's curious and asks why the call is only 35 cents, when everywhere else the cost was $10,000.  "That's easy," said the Pastor, "This is the Pacific Northwest--the closest thing to Heaven you'll see on earth.  From here, Heaven is a local call!"

Sincerely,

Chris Kimball
President, Panteras Northwest