[DeTomaso] Sad day for a Norwegian Pantera owner

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Sat May 15 11:59:44 EDT 2010

More and more insurers are including exclusions for all encomapssing 'track days' rather than for 'timed or racing events', thus many High Performnce Driving Experience (HPDE) events are no longer covered under you insurance program, so it pays to check. The problem is when specifically asked any insurance company is likely to come back with the answer you don't want to hear. But yes there are now insurers you can take out supplemental insurance through e.g. Lockton Affinity or Ontrackinsurance.com, not cheap but certainly peace of mind.

Many SCCA regions offer PDX (basically same as HPDE) but as a club they are usually better set up for insurance cover than many of the smaller 'for profit' individuals offering HPDE events, so it's worth checking on SCCA events available locally to you.

Of course you can always try the tested method of taking it away from the track and have an accident happen on the way home...., but it's kinda difficult to pass the insurance scrutiny test when photos are plasterd all over the web or Youtube.

Julian