[DeTomaso] Reno Fun Rally

John Taphorn jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com
Wed May 12 21:42:06 EDT 2010

It looks like many on the Forum have already signed up for the Event this year and I look forward to catching up.  Pantera engineering is fresh on my brain having just wrapped up a Pantera restomod.

The Event this year offer a lot for the car guy as one would expect; however, there are many activities to keep the spouses pleased as well.

Added to the fun this year is an Evening at Summit Racing.  John Hansen is spearheading the drive and currently looking into whether or not additional discounts will be available for Rally attendees.

Friday - Summit Racing - Friday Night Cruise-In

Summit Racing periodically hosts a non-judged Cruise in that is open to all muscle cars, street rods, tuner cars, and customs. There is no admission fee, no registration or trophies and Cruise-in parking is first come, first serve. One spot per car!  We plan to arrive early and together to try and herd the cats next to one another.

Summit's Retail store will be open until at least 9:00pm and they are offering specials that evening. There are vendors on location who sell food for those who get hungry.

The evening should be a blast both seeing exceptional cars and meeting car guys from this part of the country.

We've also got planned an update about what the new owners' plans are for De Tomaso.

We know it has been a tough economy now two years running, However, if you can put together the scratch and time off from work, you will not be disappointed.  The fees go up $25 tomorrow - so, register tonight to get the discount.

I hope to see you there

JT