[DeTomaso] Adjustable Rear upper a-arms

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed May 12 00:47:30 EDT 2010

In a message dated 5/11/10 14 13 51, pmical at patsauto.com writes:

> Let's get the story straight. I never taught anyone how to do the mods
> nor
> have I been doing work for Johnny. Johnny Woods has been trying to copy my
> mods on the control arms. He is cutting them in a lot of pieces and that's
> wrong. The arms have to taken apart, hydraulically reformed, machined and
> put into a special jig that I designed (not free handed as Johnny appears
> be doing), then welded back together. Thanks to Mike's advice, you get
> what
> you pay for. From what I see this is not Realbig.com ,but Mike Drew.com.

My apologies--Johnny told me he'd learned the exact details of the
technique directly from you, and I never saw any reason to doubt him, as the quality
of the finished work is excellent.   Johnny has a jig as well, he doesn't
freehand it.   I don't know the exact mechanics as to how he does the
conversion, compared to how you do it.   It may be that he does it exactly the same
way you do (as he had indicated to me), or maybe not?   Based on what he
told me, I believed that he did, and furthermore believed that he was doing so
with your blessing.