[DeTomaso] Sway Bar Mounts on A-arms

hemipanter at hemipanter.se hemipanter at hemipanter.se
Sun May 9 14:51:07 EDT 2010

I do not really agree to
"going with heim  balls on the end of my rear sway bars would  transfer
all the body roll from  the whell on one side all the wat to the opposite
whell and could cause a  dangerous situation in a street situation where
the road surfcae is less then perfect"

In a way the statement is okay, but not all the way out. What ball joints
do is to make a better connection between the swaybar and A-arm with less
deflection and friction from movement. For a race car we should ONLY use
parts that put these sort of motions under our control.
In a case like this we should therefore concider something in the line
of a softer bar with ball joints, not  a harder bar that requires rubber
bushings.

Goran