[DeTomaso] EFI fuel line attachment through the gas tank drainplug suggestions?

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 08:20:26 EDT 2010

Thats true. I have used the atf /acetone mixture and it worked wonders. It's
still a problem when you are trying to remove the plug while the tank is
still in the car. It's difficult to get the mixture to work against
gravity!. I had a real problem with particulate contaminants in my tank and
I had to vacuum it out several times before I got rid of the fuel pick up
clogging problem. So that and the plug that looks like it is ready to tear
out the bottom of the tank leaves me with the feeling that I really need to
just bite the bullet and get a fuel cell. I want to set up my car to pass
tech for the more demanding tech inspections  of the higher levels of the
open road race circuit and they all seem to require a fuel cell ( as well as
a roll cage and fire suppression) This year I will be finishing my ken green
brakes and riser mod. Maybe I will pull the engine over the winter and work
on the other projects. It is a list that never ends.
Boyd