[DeTomaso] rebuild kit for mystery master cylinder?

pantdino at aol.com pantdino at aol.com
Thu Mar 25 13:07:38 EDT 2010

I have decided to rebuild all my brake cylinders and switch back to glycol brake fluid.

My master cylinder was changed by the previous owner to one with the reservoirs moulded into the cast iron body of the master. The reservoir for the front brakes is like 5X larger (longer) than the one for the rear brakes.

The top is moulded, raised, sheet metal that is held in place by a spring steel bar that slides over it.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?  I'm sure it was part of an aftermarket kit in the late '70s or early '80s
I believe some Corvette masters were used back then.

I need to find a rebuild kit for it.  Does it sound like a GM Corvette cylinder?

Jim