[DeTomaso] myth of Pantera braking force limiter?

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon Mar 22 12:36:04 EDT 2010

In a message dated 3/21/10 5:54:55 PM, pantdino at aol.com writes:

> It seems to me that the "extra" calipers were just adding drag and no
> braking at all, while my rebuild of the original calipers will increase my
> rear braking.  So I should have better balance than I did and that seemed to
> be adequate for the use I put the car to.

As a pure guess, Jim- two extra rear calipers should work better in
balancing the braking and its a simple bolt-on addition requiring no adapters etc.
The stock front calipers are really quite good while the single tiny rear
calipers are pathetically small, needing the front to be severely limited to
come anywhere near being 'balanced'. You won't need the proportioning valve
up there, though, and in any case it will be way-wrong for double rear
calipers and is unadjustable. Good job- J DeRyke