[DeTomaso] Airflow test # 5/late for work 2012

JJD1010 at aol.com JJD1010 at aol.com
Thu Mar 18 10:06:19 EDT 2010

In a message dated 3/17/2010 8:49:39 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
matt at nwpantera.com writes:

I also did the A/C condensor test with no fan on. I think Jeff was  asking
for it so just click on "More From: nwpantera" for that one. It's test  #5.

Well, since I asked...

With the AC fan off, it looks like air is blowing out up to  about 90 mph
and then it starts to look more like it is entering the opening,  neither of
which appear to be all that strong as there is a lot of movement of  the
flaps in both directions.

This runs counter to the conventional wisdom that the air is sucked in
until you get to about 75 and then it goes out.

Based on all the tests, however, I'd say that the fan works no matter
which direction it is blowing.

One last question about the fan itself, aren't the fan  blades designed to
be used in just one direction? In the case of the  stock fan, that would be
sucking the air inward. Reversing the electric leads  so that it blows
outward would not be as effective.

Thanks, Matt.

Jeff
6559