[DeTomaso] removing second set of stock rear brake calipers?

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon Mar 8 02:32:19 EST 2010

In a message dated 3/7/10 2:08:14 PM, pantdino at aol.com writes:

> Where would I look for this RP valve, and how does it differ from a
> proportioning valve?

The external ones look like a 1/2" dia cylindrical tube about 1-1/2" long,
in-line with the brake hard line, somewhere between the master and where the
line forks for the left and right rear calipers. They may be blue or
red-anodized, or maybe brass, and have no adjusting knob at all. Proportioning
valves are not cylindrical and usually have a big knob sticking out somewhere.
The internal ones vary according to what kind of brake master cylinder your
car runs. I have a RP valve I took out of the GM/Corvette master thst
Precision Pro-formance sells as a replacement for the stock power brake system. I
don't use RPs, myself- personal preference. I'll take a photo of it and
send it to you off-line tomorrow. Cheers- J DeRyke