[DeTomaso] removing second set of stock rear brake calipers?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Mar 7 23:07:45 EST 2010

In a message dated 3/7/10 14 08 14, pantdino at aol.com writes:

> yes, all four calipers are plumbed into the brake line.
>
> Where would I look for this RP valve, and how does it differ from a
> proportioning valve?

A remote pressure valve (RPV) has no direct effect on braking.   What it
does is keep a small amount of pressure on the line downstream of the valve
(either 2 or 10 psi) which keeps the brake pads/pistons from migrating back
into the caliper due to pad runout.

If you had one, you'd know it.   They are normally blue (2 psi) or red (10
psi), made by Wilwood, and are about two or three inches long and a half
inch in diameter.