[DeTomaso]   Turn Signal Switch Sale

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Tue Mar 2 15:39:19 EST 2010

Fact of Life in the 21st Century: NOTHING fits anything perfectly. I have
to modify parts for our 2001Toyota Forerunner and a late Z-28, as well as
bathroom and light fixtures in a 10-year old house when I replace things. I
haven't looked at the design of the new turn signal switches, but isn't the
steel stalk BOLTED to the canceling-cam? If so, tightening the screws is easy.
If not, it seems like a drop or two of carefully applied superglue,
Lock-tite or Gorilla Glue would be called for rather than removing the assembly once
again and replacing it.

FWIW, if all your turn signal switch needs is a new self-cancelling cam,
Hall Pantera is currently advertising a $25 aluminum replacement for the
fragile stock plastic cam. 'Course, you WILL have to completely remove & tear
apart the whole switch to get it in there... Note- I have NOT tried the Hall
aluminum cancel-cam so you're on your own there too, as to fit & function.
Cheers- J DeRyke