[DeTomaso]   Turn Signal Switch Sale

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Mar 3 20:47:05 EST 2010

In a message dated 3/2/10 12 40 14, JDeRyke at aol.com writes:

> FWIW, if all your turn signal switch needs is a new self-cancelling cam,
> Hall Pantera is currently advertising a $25 aluminum replacement for the
> fragile stock plastic cam. 'Course, you WILL have to completely remove &
> tear
> apart the whole switch to get it in there... Note- I have NOT tried the
> Hall
> aluminum cancel-cam so you're on your own there too, as to fit & function.
>

>>>All you have to do to change the cam is remove the steering wheel hub.
There's a spring under the hub, and the cam is in between the spring and
the hub.   It just slides right over the end of the shaft.   It acts upon the
switch but isn't a part of it.   There's a projection on the face of the cam
which engages a groove or hole in the steering wheel hub so that the cam
turns with the wheel/hub.