[DeTomaso] comments from track drivers on The best Panteravideo on YouTube?

Gray Gregory rgg at gregorycook.com
Tue Jun 29 15:42:06 EDT 2010

Jim,

Ok I went back and re-watched the video specifically looking at the parts you asked about. The first corner (at about 4:29) I think you are right he starts to go back to power and then has to breath back out of it little. He's following the B-16 which is a much lighter more nimble car and I think he just got in a bit too deep and had to deal with it through the rest of the corner. A very common mistake we all make. The key here is that he recognizes his mistake and deals with it skillfully instead of snapping out of the throttle and causing the car to spin. The second corner is a very long corner and I think that's just the nature of the beast. He makes his speed adjustment properly with the downshift and then goes to what we call maintenance throttle through the rest of the corner until it finally opens up enough to apply much throttle.

That's my .02,

Gray