[DeTomaso] POCA Forum

cullen mccann clarkwgriswold2nd at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 09:55:04 EDT 2010

Mikael wrote:   ".....Frankly, I haven't figured out how to read a
posting in proper sequence........."

I have a couple of thoughts on this...as the new guy...I agree with Mikael
that sometimes the format is hard to follow. If I read carefully and if im
following the discussion, its easier to catch up. Some of us will use a
caption like the one I have above as the lead in to the reply ( just as im
doing here). I think that is logical to keep the topic oriented, but I think
with traditional email format...its assumed that the person replying is
stating new information at the top of the page. Also, for those who use
email services like "gmail" I think there are settings that will allow it to
automatically post a heading with a summary of the last persons email like
shown above. I actually typed in what Mikael said so I can respond
specifically to what he is referring to.

On another note, I think part of the original question was " Is it because
Pantera owners are all old farts who cannot accept that change can be
better?"...

I laughed when I read that. I am 33 years old. I participate in email lists
and forums just like the Pantera list but also for Sunbeam's, Early Broncos,
Shelby's and Replicas and even a classic British bike forum...among
others...all due to personal interest. Some are on the forum style with the
login and web graphics, and I am familiar with how they work. I actually
prefer this method because it comes via email. I get all of my email
accounts ( 2 work and 2 personal) to my apple iphone...i can keep up with
all the subjects of all of my car lists as they come in by email and read
them in the movie theater before it starts, or while waiting to meet someone
...etc. I can read them on the run...which is much less convenient or quick
to do if it's a web based forum...so no complaints for me on this format.

Only compromise IMO is the lack of ability to literally attach images. If
you want to share something you have to post it to a 3rd party site like
POCA or Webshots or Photobucket etc. a bit less convenient for me...just
requires more steps...get an account to the site, login, load the pics,
logout....provide link to image location...tinyurl if its too long...etc.
not ideal...but still, I appreciate the email format for my needs.

Cullen