[DeTomaso] plug between fuel pump & oil filter, gutting mufflers?

deserttwist at juno.com deserttwist at juno.com
Wed Jun 9 20:51:48 EDT 2010

Sounds like the trip to Reno was a big success, can't waite to go next year. A few questions here: I noticed there is a plug between the fuel pump and oil filter, is it pressurized so that I can use it for the guage sender & low pressure safety switch? There is no trouble with clearance because I am using an electric fuel pump.  Also is there any advantage to gutting the mufflers other than noise ? I appreciate all your help.  Sue