[DeTomaso] No LMC in 2011 - Why not Gumball rally ?

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Wed Jun 9 20:01:23 EDT 2010

The -original- coast to coast race was.... The Gumball Rally

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074597/

It was -really- great to have Bob in the Gumball 3000, even if he's
not a celebrity or have oodles of money.  The fact was he got us a lot
of exposure, even if a large portion of the public didn't take notice.

He made a great trip, stopping with other Pantera owners, getting
things done to his car and even in the end, persevering through a
rear-end accident that left his Pantera a bit munched but fixable...
and then he still managed to pull in before anyone else.  Yes for the
snobs it was a great media event, but for the Pantera world it was
more...
- Camaraderie
- Determination
- Teamwork
- Exposure

No, it's not a true race though many of the celebs simply see how many
tickets they can collect on the way.  I wouldn't be surprised if there
never was a Pantera in it again, unless Bob can finagle the
sponsorship again :)

Asa Jay