[DeTomaso] Reeeeeallllly original Pantera for sale on EBay

cullen mccann clarkwgriswold2nd at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 17:49:32 EDT 2010

I'm sure many people have seen this car for sale for a while. I agree it's a
clean car...and probably worth a very pretty penny. My only reservations
about the sellers descriptions are that he says all of the following in one
paragraph:

"......... It has never been touched, modified, or damaged..."

and then he says      "........Canepa Design has just completed a full
mechanical service and cosmetic detail on the car..........."   and
"...serviced including changing all fluids, belts, hoses, and filters. Only
period correct OEM parts were used in this process.........."

".........The engine has been fully serviced including rebuilding the
carburetor and replacing the oil pan gasket. New plugs, filters, and all new
hoses were installed. The exhaust system has been cleaned and Jet coated to
match the original finish and new exhaust gaskets installed....... The
transmission was serviced........... The clutch master and slave cylinders
were replaced."

"........The brake booster, master cylinders and brake calipers were all
rebuilt and new brake hoses installed..........."

"............ Wheel bearings were re-packed and new wheel seals
installed..............All new upper and lower control arm bushings have
been installed.........."

".........Our detail department then spent over 200 hours cleaning and
detailing every square inch of this car..............."

not being critical....i just thought it was funny how he stated all
that......it actually sounds to me like a light restoration rather than an
all original "survivor"....