[DeTomaso] assembly lube use after minor inspection of an engine that set for a year?

cengles at cox.net cengles at cox.net
Fri Jun 4 09:53:35 EDT 2010

Dear Ken,

I agree with Larry.

If the engine has 1000+ miles of cam "break-in" already on it and if you've returned the lifters back to their original homes (mix'n'match lifters and lifter bores is not good), then slather on some cam lube; install; replace the lifters to their correct locations and button up the engine ready to run. No further break-in should be needed.

The Engine Rookie, Chuck Engles