[DeTomaso] Pulling the camshaft out of a 351C

cengles at cox.net cengles at cox.net
Thu Jun 3 09:26:07 EDT 2010

Dear Dave,

As Thomas mentioned, I am sure you've removed the distributor. I would expect that with the distributor out plus all the other bits you list, that the camshaft should just slide out. I am as stumped as you are on this impasse.

I do know about the oil slinger. It is optional in that the engine will run fine without it, but it will tend to weep more oil out the front along the keyway. It is a small piece and I would recommend it's use, but it is certainly the least of your problems at the moment.

Warmest regards, Chuck Engles