[DeTomaso] Not running ...

Erik Anderson eanderson at geotracinternational.com
Sun Jul 25 14:57:45 EDT 2010

Well, as my spirited session with my buddy's M6 came to an end, I barely had any power in my cat.

She was running, but absolutely unresponsive to any throttle. She died as I hit my driveway and begrudgingly started just enough to roll into the garage. She will start now, but it's a "cough cough" affair and she won't come to an idle.

I thought it might be a clogged fuel filter, but the filter was clear. I replaced the stock (mechanical) fuel pump last year with a Holley (12-854 - 80GPH). I also had my Holley 735cfm carb re-built last year.

I am thinking it's one of these pieces who is the culprit ... most likely the carb.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
EA