[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 72, Issue 25-Car show

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Sun Jul 25 12:41:29 EDT 2010

I helped out with a first time car show in my area yesterday
We had a bunch of younger guys helping out and
loving all the cars including the Pantera

One of the Norcal Shelby members brought out two
of his vintage race Winston cup cars... he set up a jack and
had a cordless impact and let the kids try tire changing
They even gave an award for the fastest time of 22 seconds
I think that was one wheel off and on.. great idea to get
people involved

I spent some time talking with a younger guy who just
started autocrossing... wants to be noticed and then
maybe sponsered.. high hopes.. I told him to try to keep
the fun factor in focus as that is what it is really all about
Good to see the younger crowd interested in the cars of new
and old

And the Pantera won best engine award with over 100 cars
the best exotic went to the Buggatti with 1000 hp plus
We have several in the area but only see them out and about
a few times a year

Great show for the first time in a downtown area

Bob Benson #3 Black Pantera