[DeTomaso] Need new shocks - which to go with

Mike Thomas mbefthomas at comcast.net
Thu Jul 22 23:09:56 EDT 2010

Eating my words, and my shocks . . .

Okay, so it wasn't that long ago I said my Aldan shocks were doing fine.
Well, now I've had a rear one blow out so bad I'm about to nick name it BP.
There's oil everywhere, and the other rear is starting to show signs.  Not
sure about the fronts, but they can't be far behind.

I'll probably go with a set of Konis from Quella rather than mess with
getting the Aldan's rebuilt ($50 per plus parts plus shipping) and just wait
for them to fail again.  Dennis will preset the jounce and rebound, and his
standard spring rates unless specified otherwise are 450/550.  I have
350/550 now, and have occasionally felt a little more in the front would be
good.  95% of my driving is street, with the occasional auto cross.

Also, I still have the stock sway bars: 7/8" front, 3/4" rear.  Dennis has a
recommendation on this as well, so I'll see what he has to say.

Any input/comments one way or t'other would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mike Thomas