[DeTomaso] Need new shocks - which to go with

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Jul 22 23:17:52 EDT 2010

In a message dated 7/22/10 20 10 21, mbefthomas at comcast.net writes:

> Any input/comments one way or t'other would be appreciated.

You can't go wrong junking those crap Aldans and fitting quality Koni
shocks.   (That reminds me--I need to phone Aldan tomorrow yet again on behalf of
a European customer, who has sent his shocks back for repair no less than
two or three times, and has them in his hands and can't fit them because they
installed the wrong bushings!   I honestly can't understand how Aldan
remains in business...and I feel so sorry for Pantera owners that were conned
into buying their crap).

The 450/550 spring recommendation is just about perfect.   The single best
improvement you can make, dollar for dollar, is fitting a 7/8 inch rear sway
bar.   Spherebar-type mounts on the A-arms are a very nice touch too, but
the new, larger bar is the main improvement.   I am skeptical about going
with even stiffer 1-inch bars front and rear unless the chassis is made more
rigid with a quality stiffening kit.