[DeTomaso] Engine re-assembled.

Dave Londry davel at emspace.com
Tue Jul 20 14:26:18 EDT 2010

I should tell you list people that I started 6143 on Saturday.
It fired on the second cylinder, so my fuel line/carb priming really worked.

I ran it for 25 mins cycling 1500 - 2500 rpm with a load of Joe Gibbs
break-in oil in it.
No problems - it ran 10 degrees hotter than before but I've taken 2
degrees of timing out for emission testing.
(hope I haven't caught the cooling disease as a punishment for changing
all the tubes and hoses)
That oil was some ugly mess when it came out, but I guess it's supposed
to be.
It had the tiny pinch of filings and 2 tiny fragments (about a thou in
thickness) on the bung so I think the cam/lifter/rocker break-in was OK.
Now 200 miles on Rotella T 15W-40 and change again. We'll see in there's
anything after that.

I just about have the interior back together - memo to self  - **Always
put the gosh-darn console in first.**
Off for emissions testing tomorrow.
dave