[DeTomaso] Car capsules

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Jul 21 00:01:03 EDT 2010

In a message dated 7/20/10 20 56 34, jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com writes:

> It looks like a terrific way to enjoy your car while keeping out the
> dreaded
> Texas Mud Daubers.
>
> Personally, I don't care for car covers because I enjoy looking at my car
> while I am working in the garage.  I generally even keep the decklid up to
> take in the engine bay as I stroll by.
>
> This cover looks ideal.

They are especially useful in environments featuring a lot of humidity.
The best ones have an integral structure/frame so you can just drive the car
in and out without having to worry about it deflating and collapsing on the
car.

Johnny Woods made his own version (of course!), very simply.   He built a
lightweight framework and draped it in clear plastic, and used an old Jaguar
windshield wiper motor rigged to an inverter and a toggle switch.   He parks
his car in his desperately damp garage, lowers the 'tent' over the car,
turns on the dehumidifier, and away he goes.

He measured the humidity inside his tent, then took the same instrument to
Death Valley in the height of summer--his tent had less humidity!