[DeTomaso] cooling system

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Mon Jul 19 14:53:24 EDT 2010

The brass plate is the only thing necessary in the block for proper
bypass operation. However, you must also use the proper thermostat
that has what we call a little "hat" on it that closes the hole in the
brass plate when the thermostat is totally open.

I have some photos on this page that help illustrate the water flow
paths in the water pump and the block.  They start about half way down
the page:
http://teampanteraracing.com/index.php?option=com_g2bridge&view=gallery&Itemid=57&g2_itemId=3042

I think someone else has photos of the thermostat or at least a
cutaway drawing of how it works.

Asa Jay

Quoting LEVITT1946 at aol.com:

--
Asa Jay Laughton - sent from somewhere other than home