[DeTomaso] Chassis Drain Holes

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon Jul 19 13:33:14 EDT 2010

In a message dated 7/19/10 8:55:44 AM, boyd411 at gmail.com writes:

> I had read somewhere that it was also a "good Idea" to take a flexible
> probe and spray either a rust inhibator , tractor oil , or one of those
> chemical like Eastwood sells that converts Ferric Oxide into a hard shell that
> will prevent further oxidation (rust) from occurring. Ant thoughts or
> comments on this strategy?

Sure it works, as well as the redneck-engineering method of corking up the
drain holes and pouring a quart or two of old drain oil in the rails to fill
'em up, then pulling the cork(s) and letting it drip dry. Practically
speaking, once the drains are drilled, little if any more rust will accumulate in
there regardless. It's standing water over months at a time that does the
damage. Good luck- J Deryke