[DeTomaso] Dropped Pans?

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Mon Jul 5 11:13:42 EDT 2010

So if you don't install the rails on the seats, then how do you get the
seats bolted to the floor?

I ask out of pure ignorance.  In my Pantera, there are body nuts welded
to the underside of the pans on additional reinforcing rails.  The seats
bolt in from the top down.  So if I were to remove the seat rails, how
then do I get the seats to bolt down?  I can imagine using a thin strap
of metal bolted to the seat and then bolted to the pan but there isn't a
lot of clearance fore-aft to do that.  i.e. even with the stock seat I
have to push the seat back to put the front bolts in and push the seat
forward to put the back bolts in.

In the case of an aftermarket seat, things change even more.

So how do you do it?

Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
&  Shelley Marie