[DeTomaso] Reno Speed Trials - CANCELLED

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Fri Jan 29 16:28:04 EST 2010

I would like to say that Larry and others have put in a great amount
of time trying to make this work for 2010.  The track was vacated many
months ago and there was some banter on this list about what would
happen.

Larry and the PCNC crew tried very hard to make something work which
is why this announcement comes at this time.  As I've heard it, Larry
was diligently pursuing one last opportunity before throwing in the
towel.  Apparently that opportunity turned into a dead end.

Even without the speed event, the Reno area last year was beautiful
with plenty of other driving events.  I would strongly encourage you
to come out and enjoy the scenery, relax and enjoy the ride.

For those who came pretty much for the speed event, I still hold out
hope something can be put together.  I have no idea what, but if I had
money to bet, I'd bet Larry has something in his head already being
cooked up.

As for 2011, we'll need to wait and see, but I'm sure track
availability will be a primary consideration, as I believe it was when
the move to Reno was first proposed.

Still I hope to see many of you at the Fun Rally, speed event or not.

Asa Jay