[DeTomaso] Fwd: Switches

tmshinro at aol.com tmshinro at aol.com
Wed Jan 27 13:43:58 EST 2010

>> The switch also turns on the indicator light in the main instrument.
>>

> That would make a lot of sense.   I've always believed that the power
> source for the light on the dash was actually the fan relay (that is, that the
> wire for the light ran directly from the fan relay).   But I suppose it could
> also have been routed directly from the switch instead?

> Although I haven't implemented it yet, I've always intended to string a
> wire from the fan relay to the fan idiot light (which was never   hooked up on
> the later cars) to tell me when the second fan came on.

> Mike

I ran a wire from my high temp fan to the indicator light in my speedo years ago.   I thought  "why not" and it
gives me some sense of comfort when I see the light go out when I get out of stop and go traffic.  I
have a Hall radiator with the original factory fans (and do not have overheating problems).

Tom