[DeTomaso] Speeding!

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 11:08:59 EST 2010

> Furthermore, the Sidewinder Air-to-ground missiles aboard the fully-armed
> aircraft had also locked on to the target.

You might want to check Snopes on this.  The Sidewinder is a heat seeking
air-to-air weapon.  For air-to-ground, the Tornado is equipped with the
millimeter wave radar equipped Brimstone missile.  There's also a dual
mode seeker variant of the Brimstone which adds a semi-active laser
sensor.  FWIW, I played a large part in the development of the Brimstone
flight controls.

Dan Jones