[DeTomaso] ZF m1 gear box

Rolf Poulsen rolf_poulsen at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 10 16:13:31 EST 2010

here you go.
1 st.	2nd.	3rd	4th	5th	R	Diff2.23	1.47	1.04	.846	.642	2.86	3.77
From: mikeldrew at aol.com
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 15:44:42 -0500
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] ZF m1 gear box
To: rolf_poulsen at hotmail.com; detomaso at realbig.com

In a message dated 1/10/10 2 58 4, rolf_poulsen at hotmail.com writes:

My zf is the m1 case, but without the CV-joint. Is the inside then from the normal zf or m1?

picture:http://www.provamo.com/Members/Registry/RegistryImages/RTHPNNR05774/5774ZF4.jpg

When Tony Harvey's widow threw his original ZF gearbox in the trash (!), the subsequent owner of your car (Jim Cain) bought a new gearbox from RBT.   Notice the ID tag on the right side of the gearbox, on a raised boss.   I believe that yours is a new-production RBT box set up for a Pantera, and thus has the M-1 style internals, although it probably doesn't have an M1-style mainshaft.   The current RBT boxes are set up with a Pantera-style mainshaft with a standard Ford clutch spline.

Tell us what your gear ratios are?   They're printed on the tag.