[DeTomaso] ZF m1 gear box

mikeldrew at aol.com mikeldrew at aol.com
Sun Jan 10 15:44:42 EST 2010

In a message dated 1/10/10 2 58 4, rolf_poulsen at hotmail.com writes:

> My zf is the m1 case, but without the CV-joint. Is the inside then from
> the normal zf or m1?
> picture:http://www.provamo.com/Members/Registry/RegistryImages/RTHPNNR05774
> /5774ZF4.jpg

When Tony Harvey's widow threw his original ZF gearbox in the trash (!),
the subsequent owner of your car (Jim Cain) bought a new gearbox from RBT.
Notice the ID tag on the right side of the gearbox, on a raised boss.   I
believe that yours is a new-production RBT box set up for a Pantera, and thus
has the M-1 style internals, although it probably doesn't have an M1-style
mainshaft.   The current RBT boxes are set up with a Pantera-style mainshaft
with a standard Ford clutch spline.

Tell us what your gear ratios are?   They're printed on the tag.