[DeTomaso] Installing door panels

Thomas Tornblom Thomas.Tornblom at hax.se
Wed Jan 6 14:38:25 EST 2010

Charles McCall skrev:
> My GT5-S came from the factory with screws with little washer things. If
> memory serves, they are the same type used on your car.

As did my GT5.

Old SAAB:s and Volvos had some spring clips that popped into a hole in
the sheet metal and you would just pull straight out to remove. My audi
has four molded hooks, one in each corner, on the backside of the panel,
and you remove the panel by removing the inner handle and then lift the
panel about an inch, and then pull out. No visible screws.

One of the first thing audi did to the interior after buying Lamborghini
was to eliminate all visible mounting hardware like screws and rivets. :-)

Thomas

--
Real life:   Thomas Törnblom             Email:  Thomas.Tornblom at Hax.SE
Snail mail:  Banvallsvägen 14            Phone:    +46 18 444 33 21