[DeTomaso] brake lines

Justin Greisberg justingreisberg at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 21 18:33:09 EST 2010

Classic tube has taken someone's clutch lines and has their own prebent version - really nice 2 piece with correct fittings.  I found on my car I needed a 4 inch flex cable to make it actually fit properly, but still way better than I could have done from scratch on my own with that larger tube

I bent all my own brake lines with classic tube's NOT stainless, nice quality brake lines.  I bought a bunch of ends, and cheap bender ( not that hard to bend), and a really good flaring tool (hydraulic tool they and eastwood sells).  Stainless lines sounds nice, but are more difficult to bend and flare, and trust me, it is a pain in the butt.

Tips - 1. put fittings on end of line before you flare.  made this mistake at least a dozen times.

2. Cut the tube with a small cut off wheel on rotary tool, not a pipe cutter.  The hand held pipe cutter tools harden the ends, and my flares were all leaky. I got to do the entire car twice.  I found with the really expensive flaring tool and a cut off wheel, I made super fantastic flares.  Looks a lot nicer with clean lines than the greasy, dirty, dented original lines that I threw in the garbage.

justin