[DeTomaso] Paypal/eBay - was Fikse wheels

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Tue Feb 16 09:48:52 EST 2010

I'm with Will.

I've probably done about 600-800 transactions with Paypal.  They have
never abused or messed-up their access to my bank account.

If it REALLY scares someone, I suggest they do as I have done, and set
up a separate account just for their Paypal transactions. I did just
that, but I did it so I have a "Pantera Fund" that I can access
without feeling guilty that the dog has no bone, the wife has no
clothes and the kids have no iTunes.

If you were REALLY,  REALLY paranoid,  you could just keep the Paypal
account basically empty and transfer funds to and from it when the
need arose. If your banking institution has online account access, you
could do the back-and-forth transferring from your home computer.

But then, THAT probably would scare you too.  :-)

A year or two back my major credit card was hacked and someone started
to use it to buy airline tickets to South America. It was NOT the
account linked to Paypal.

Stolen, no doubt, from some merchant's data base that was WAY less
secure than Paypal's.

Larry