[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 67, Issue 14-Vancouver

Bill Lewis lotus0005 at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 14 18:20:31 EST 2010

Will, we went to the Houston Aeros game last night.  My first hockey game!!!!  Needless to say, from a person born and raised on the Texas Gulf Coast - I was underwhelmed.  I tried to get the grandboys to leave at half time (are there 2 quarters, or 3?), but one of them wanted to stay to the end.  Houston won in the first sudden death overtime.  They were playing the Griffins?
Other than they skate up and down and hit the puck with the stick - I didn't have a clue what they were doing.  I kept hollaring, "shoot  -  shoot" - you can't score if you don't shoot.  The grandboys bought $4.50 cokes, $5.50 popcorn, a "game puck and mini-stick", etc. - so they had a grand time.
The cheerleaders are not as cute as the Texans and the Rockets.  (But, Larry, cheerleaders are cheerleaders, right!)
My wife and I went to the Opera two weeks ago - also a first for me.  I think I enjoyed the hockey more than the Opera  :)
Let's see now - what else do I have on my "Bucket List!"    ----Bill Lewis