[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 67, Issue 14-Vancouver

Larry - Ohio Time Corp larry at ohiotimecorp.com
Mon Feb 15 10:35:35 EST 2010

Hi Bill,

I took my wife to her first hockey game last week (Cleveland Monsters). I
wanted her to get ready for the Olympics. I was telling her what was going
on and by the 3rd period (last one Bill) she had it. She said it was not her
favorite sport but she had a good time. I only had one $7 beer.

I only have one hockey story. In the spring of 1980 (we won the gold metal
in 1980, Bill) I was in my seat, center of the main straight pit side, at
the Indy 500. Our Gold Metal Winning Hockey came out for a parade lap.
Looking to my left and to my right you must be able to see 100,000 people
(would that be right Indy Dave?). Hearing them all yelling USA USA USA moved
me to tears.

In 1992 I stopped in Lake Placid, NY (where we won the gold in 1980, Bill)
on my way to Maine. I found the ice ring but it was all locked up on a
Monday. The door in the back was not locked. I walked in to find the ice set
up for a hockey game. The lights were on the ice. I looked up to see the
flags hanging from the roof with the American flag in the center. You could
almost hear the chant of USA USA USA. I took a roll of film in there.

So Bill, different things, move different people, different ways. Go back
with the grandkids some more.

Larry - Cleveland