[DeTomaso] Pantera 1661 air filters

Kirby Schrader kirby.schrader at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 21:37:50 EST 2010

Mike gets the answer in first, but I have to admit that I did not know they came from IPSCO.
It seems I have at least two things from IPSCO that I didn't know about!
:-)

The ones on the Pantera have an Isis logo on them and they are flat. They came with the EFI which originally came from PPC back in 2000. I bought the setup from the brother of a guy back east who crashed his motorcycle... Name escapes me right now, but the proceeds of the stuff he sold went to towards the kids' trust fund.

You might just be able to see the logos here on this old picture from 2000.
http://web.mac.com/kirbyschrader/tws/tws2/kirbyefi.jpg

The GT40 has the script Ford logo and they have ribs.
I got the air cleaners and filters for it via Kelly Coffield who made the intake for me.
Scroll down about 1/3 of the way here.
http://web.mac.com/kirbyschrader/GT40/GT40.html

No, the filters are the same size/height that I've always had. The ones on the GT40 are the same height.
The K&N part number is E-3710

With and without did not make any difference on the dyno, but I suppose if they get too dirty....
A lot of surface area there....
It'd be easy enough to make larger spacers for the screws that hold the filters on and put taller ones.
That'd work on the Pantera because there is enough room. The GT40 wouldn't work. They would hit the glass.

FWIW,
Kirby