[DeTomaso] Pantera 1661 air filters

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Feb 10 21:54:39 EST 2010

In a message dated 2/10/10 6:37:55 PM, kirby.schrader at gmail.com writes:

> The ones on the Pantera have an Isis logo on them and they are flat. They
> came with the EFI which originally came from PPC back in 2000. I bought
> the setup from the brother of a guy back east who crashed his motorcycle...
> Name escapes me right now, but the proceeds of the stuff he sold went to
> towards the kids' trust fund.

That was Mark Obermeier from Connecticut, a real bright light in the De
Tomaso community, who suffered extreme injuries in a motorcycle accident,
including the loss or severe damage of several organs.   He was in the hospital
for awhile and initially the prognosis was good, but then his condition went
downhill quickly and there was nothing they could do. :<(

That was back in the summer of 1999.   I only got to meet him once or
twice, in passing.   I wish I could have known him better; he was a true
enthusiast who owned a Vallelunga and a Mangusta, along with a phenomenal Gr4
Pantera conversion, #4762.   He also had piles and piles of spare parts.

His brother Scott slowly sold the cars and the parts over the years.
Every now and then, even today, I think Scott pops up with something on E-bay.

BTW, here's a photo showing the more typical K&N filters usually found on
Weber-inducted Panteras:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2636/4154006840_11ac692961.jpg