[DeTomaso] Ferrari 360 Maintenance Costs

Tom Borcich tborcich at msn.com
Sun Feb 7 21:07:41 EST 2010

I haven't read all the comments on this thread, but it reminded me of a story from a friend ...he owns a 308gts (Magnum PI car) and he's mentioned that when he was looking for his car the one way to check if the car is in need of big repair is to look at the DMV records for changes in ownership. His mechanic told him that it is quite typical for that model car around 50k miles to need a fairly extensive engine rebuild. When that happens and the owner takes the car to the Ferrari mechanic and he sees its going to cost him $20-25K, the car is immediately sold. To get rid of the car an owner may discount the price and an unsuspecting purchaser sees the great price FOR A FERRARI and shells out the money thinking that WOW did I get a great deal and I better not let someone else buy it and snatches is up....that is until he finds out that its time for a rebuild, has a heart attack when he's told what it will cost to do the rebuild and it the cycle starts all over again. The mechanic told my buddy some cars have 5-10 ownership changes in succession in 12-24 months and almost no mileage in between.

Glad I have a Pantera

Tom