[DeTomaso] A lighter car.

hemipanter at hemipanter.se hemipanter at hemipanter.se
Sat Feb 6 09:08:54 EST 2010

A lighter car. I have been making a lighter oilpan as you may allredy have
noticed, 6,4p.
I checked the valve covers that was made from cast aluminium and they
weighted an amazing 22p!!!  I could hardly sleep then. So I ordered new
one that is 7p. De belt pulley was to heavy so i drilled them a bit.
http://www.hemipanter.se/Lighter%20car%202.jpg
The fire wall bulk head was to heavy so this new  one is only 4,4 p with
insulation and bolts.
http://www.hemipanter.se/Lighter%20car%201.jpg
http://www.hemipanter.se/Lighter%20car%203.jpg

The original bolts for the upper A-arms are to heavy, 1,8 p for the 8 of
them. These new one is only 0,6p for the 8.
http://www.hemipanter.se/Lighter%20car%204.jpg

Right now I am down to a car that is som 66p lighter than last summer yet
more comfortable and quiter. Hope for some more improvements.
Goran