[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Registry Update

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Sat Dec 18 19:01:48 EST 2010

Dear Chuck,

            If I understand correctly, you have, basically, about 3,000
Panteras in your Registry.   That is 3,000 Panteras that are in "one piece"
and are owned by somebody that registered them, right?

           That is a phenomenal accomplishment.  Congratulations.

           See what you think about this arithmetic:

          More or less, approximately 6,000 Panteras were sold in the U.S.A.
between 1971 and 1981 (no exact accounting exists)

          Over the past decade, approximately half of those are "dead" due
to wrecks or rust or being forgotten in a barn.

          That leaves 3,000 Panteras more or less owned by somebody.

         About half of that number are Panteras that are ready to drive and
are not up on jackstands for restoration, or neglected in a garage, or are
fatally rusted, leaving roughly 1,500 "road ready" Panteras.

          What is the number of POCA membership?  About 900-1000?

         Whether my arithmetic is right or wrong, it certainly looks like
your Registry has a very large fraction of the total of USA Panteras.   Well
done.

                      Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles