[DeTomaso] Crag's list pantera for sale $22k (just the messenger)

Clarkwgriswold clarkwgriswold2nd at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 06:13:49 EST 2010

If you have a brake, and a shear...a planishing hammer and an english wheel, and know how to use them... I'tl cost you about 200 dollars in sheet metal, mig wire and argon co2, possible some tig rod if your a real stud. And.... Your electric bill . Oh, and it'l cost you about 100 hours. If you have to pay a highly recommended Pantera body expert and craftsmen, I would guess way more than the car will ever be worth. I'm sure it would cost an outrageous fortune.  I don't know personally as I wouldn't pay to have that done.

If a person is intimidated by the hand crafted sheet metal work, they can call around, purchase the replacement sheet metal from one of the 2 or 3 guys who are parting out panteras at any given time, and then simply swap panels. This works too.... A little more material cost but less of a need to reinvent the wheel. Just restructure the  body using factory sheet metal. Cost this way... Maybe the same as option 1 plus a few grand in sheet metal. Material costs CAN still be ahead of buying a different car that doesn't need all of that... In summary... I believe a person can correctly repair that red car to be new again, and as nice or nicer than one with no issues, possibly incorporating dropped floor pans at the time and solving all future rust issues, for less than buying a car that doesn't need it. But you need the skill and time to dedicate it, and working on the car has to be more enjoyable to than driving it time invested will be astronomical. My two .02.

Sent from my mobile...