[DeTomaso]   air boxes

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Dec 6 10:59:07 EST 2010

In a message dated 12/6/10 7:52:46 AM, fresnofinches at aol.com writes:

> .....I have used Spectre products and would recommend......

I saw them for the first time at the SEMA show and was very impressed.
They have several different versions with different angles.   Anybody running
'elephant ears' could easily rig up a system to duct fresh, cool air directly
into the engine.   What would make it viable is another Spectre product--an
in-line conical air filter housed within a metal housing.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Spectre/865/9832/10002/-1

A pair of these located just inside the elephant ears, then connected to
the air box would be the optimal intake system, I think.   They wouldn't block
vision to the rear, and the air box is very low so it would allow
unobstructed view to the rear, even with a tall engine.